Memory is the brain’s ability to remember facts and past events. Without it, it would be impossible for people to work and even perform the simplest of tasks from day to day. Although forgetfulness is something to be expected and normal memory loss, complete it can be devastating and can compromise the lives and relationships of a person. The aging, poor diet and stress can contribute to memory loss. However, you can improve your memory through a variety of ways.
1) Take fish oil supplements. Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which occurs in fish oil, can improve cognitive and brain development in children and in adults. The Journal of the American Medical Association has determined that DHA is found in fish oil supplements can prevent and moderately improve the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and memory loss in adults.
2) Consider supplement Phenylethylamine (PEA) to reduce memory loss. This natural extract is a herb that is known to improve mental effectiveness in adults and the elderly. By increasing blood flow to the brain, and repair damaged brain cells, you can improve memory and reduce the severity of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in many adults.
3) Take multivitamins high in vitamin C content to delay brain fog and memory loss. Vitamin C is an antioxidant naturally present in body tissues, but it is necessary to supply constantly from day to day to keep the body healthy and functioning of the brain.
4) Up your intake of B12 24 mcg per day. According to the Aging Research Center at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, the scientist has found a correlation with the memory loss in Alzheimer’s patients with significantly lower levels of B12. These individuals who are deficient in vitamin B12 lack a chemical called? ApoE 4 allele, which is responsible for mental acuity and memory.
Adults 18 and older need 24 mcg of vitamin B12 per day. Pregnant women and lactating between 2.6-2.8 mcg. You can also consume B12 through eggs and poultry, liver and cheese.
5) Vitamins with acetylcarnitine, which is a chemical found in the brain, protects brain cells and increases blood flow to the brain, improving cognitive skills and memory. Acetylcarnitine taking supplements as directed on the product label. Consult a physician before use.
6) Magnesium is an important mineral because it protects the brain from neurotoxins that can interfere with the cognitive ability and memory. Feeding the brain with 300 milligrams one to three times per day. Eat more nuts, seeds, dark green leafy vegetables, and whole grains, as they are rich in magnesium.
7) Take iron pills to correct an iron deficiency. The lack of iron is known to damage the memory of a person. The study American Physiological Society has concluded that women with an iron deficiency performed on the memory tests than women with healthy levels of iron. The iron is responsible for improving the production of brain chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals are essential to restoring learning and faulty memory.